Frozen Seasoned Meat
This recipe is a substitute for the seasoned ground beef often packaged as taco meat.
Makes: 6 cupsHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 6 cups
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram leaves
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- Cook ground beef on medium heat along with onions and garlic, stirring to break up meat, until beef is browned. Drain.
- Add salt, pepper, marjoram, and thyme leaves and stir well to incorporate. Cool in refrigerator, then pack into hard-sided freezer containers and freeze up to 3 months.
- To use, substitute for cooked ground beef or for cooked ground beef convenience products. Let the mix thaw in the refrigerator overnight, or microwave to thaw and use immediately.