This elegant dessert is perfect for a dinner party. Let it stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 6 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ½ cup strong brewed coffee, warm
- 2 tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 packages (3 oz.) ladyfingers, split in half lengthwise and divided
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 2 cups coffee ice cream, softened
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Line a medium baking dish with a large enough sheet of plastic wrap to hang over edges by several inches.
- In shallow bowl, whisk together coffee, sugar, and cinnamon until sugar dissolves. Using 1 package of lady fingers and working 1 cookie at a time dip ladyfinger halves into coffee mixture and line bottom of prepared baking dish.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddles attachment, beat 1 cup whipped cream with coffee ice cream; spoon over ladyfingers in dish. Using the remaining package of lady fingers and working 1 cookie at a time dip ladyfinger halves into coffee mixture and place over ice cream mixture.
- In same bowl, beat remaining 1 cup whipped cream with vanilla ice cream; scoop over lady fingers and spread into an even layer, packing down with back of spoon. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 4 to 6 hours, or until firm.
- Remove tiramisu with plastic wrap. Discard plastic wrap, dust with cocoa powder, and sprinkle with toasted almonds.