Fruit Breakfast Pastries
Treat your Galentines to refreshing fruit pastries that are filled with flavor and a kiss of sweetness.
Serves: 10Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 6 ounces Kroger™ Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (17.3 oz.) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 small gala apples, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Coarse sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple or currant jelly
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpats.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Flour your workspace and unfold the puff pastry sheets. Lightly roll the pastry with a rolling pin. Use a 3 ½”-4” round cookie cutter and cut four circles from each pastry sheet. Reroll remaining pastry and cut out two additional circles.
- Transfer the pastry circles onto the prepared baking sheets. Lightly score a circular border ¼” from the edges and prick the centers of each pastry with a fork.
- Spread a portion of the cream cheese mixture inside the border of each pastry then top with the apple slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water. Brush the edges of the pastries with the egg mixture and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden and puffed.
- Allow to cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Microwave jelly in a cup, brush on apple slices to glaze.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.