Fruit-Filled Mulled Wine
Perfect for winter parties and holiday gatherings, this deliciously steamy, spiked, and spiced combination of red wine and apple cider will keep you and your guests warm and happy. Choose an inexpensive, fruity red wine for this recipe, such as Zinfandel or Merlot.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bottle (750 ml) red wine
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 cup apple juice
- ½ cup triple sec
- 1 medium navel orange, sliced
- 1 large red apple, cored and diced
- ¼ cup whole cranberries, rinsed
- 4 whole cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise pods
- 8 whole cloves
- Pour wine, apple cider, apple juice, and triple sec into a large stockpot and stir to combine.
- Add orange, apple, cranberries, cinnamon, star anise, and cloves to the pot and stir gently to combine.
- Place the stockpot over medium-low heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture begins to lightly steam, 15 minutes. You want to warm the wine, not boil the alcohol off!
- Remove from heat. Ladle into mugs and garnish with some of the fruit.
- Serve immediately.