Ideal fruits for fondue include large berries such as strawberries, slices of peaches or plums, cherries, or chunks of apple, pear, or banana.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup raw or soaked cashews
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup dates, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 4 whole strawberries, stems removed
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into thick chunks
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- Begin by blending the cashews with ½ cup almond milk. Then add the dates and cacao powder and blend until smooth. Continue blending until you achieve a thick sauce that will adhere to the fruit, gradually adding liquid little by little as needed.
- Arrange fruit on a plate. Pour prepared sauce into a bowl and dip the fruit pieces into the sauce.