Fruit and Nut Bread
Use the delay setting on the bread machine at night to have this bread hot and fresh-baked for breakfast.
Serves: 32Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 5 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups water
- 5 cups whole-wheat flour
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. soy milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. vegan margarine
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground allspice
- 5 Tbsp. vital wheat gluten
- 3 tsp. active dry yeast
- 2⁄3 cup chopped mixed dried fruits
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Assemble bread machine with the dough paddle in place. Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
- Add all ingredients to the pan, except for the dried fruits and walnuts, in the order indicated in your machine’s operation manual. Proceed according to manufacturer’s directions for wheat bread, adding the dried fruits and walnuts when the machine beeps, indicating the time to add additional ingredients.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan. Cool bread completely before slicing. Store in an airtight container or freeze.