A freshly-baked take on a holiday classic.
Serves: 36Cook: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (reserve ¼ cup for dredging candied fruit)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup (1½ sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces Kroger® Candied Red or Green Cherries
- 8 ounces Kroger® Candied Pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease (or line with parchment paper) a 15”x10” jelly-roll pan.
- In a small bowl, combine 2¼ cups flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, beat together brown sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract, then gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Dice candied fruit. Dredge candied fruit pieces in reserved ¼ cup flour.
- Stir candied fruit and chocolate chips into batter mixture. Evenly spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 20-30 minutes (until golden brown). Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.
- Note: Individual servings can be made by baking in paper-lined cupcake pans. Bake for 12-15 minutes (until lightly golden). Cool in pan on wire rack.