Fruity Oat Trail Bars
These hearty bars pack a lot of fiber and nutrition into one cookie. Tuck them into lunchboxes or munch for breakfast on the run.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray containing flour, and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine brown sugar, canola oil, egg, and orange juice and mix well. Stir in oats, flour, baking powder, and baking soda until moistened.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into oat mixture along with sunflower seeds, dried blueberries, and raisins. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until bars are set and golden brown. Let cool for 20 minutes, then cut into bars. Wrap bars individually in plastic wrap to store.