Fruity Peanut Butter Granola Bars
This makes for a healthy snack or a lunch box treat. Peanut butter combined with dried apricots is a taste bud pleaser, and the sunflower seeds provide a natural crunch—all held together with natural honey!
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups granola
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups honey
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp. lactose-free margarine
- Coat a 9-inch square dish with margarine and set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine the granola, apricots, peanuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and raisins. Set aside.
- In a nonstick saucepan, combine the peanut butter and honey. Stir with a wooden spoon until mixture becomes a smooth liquid. Beat eggs and add one at a time, stirring continuously, until the mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in margarine. Allow to cool.
- Pour the honey and peanut butter mixture over granola mixture. Stir to coat thoroughly. Spoon peanut butter mixture into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours. Cut into 2-inch squares. Store bars in the refrigerator between waxed paper to keep fresh.