Fruity Skillet Bake
You’ll love this moist cake filled with peaches. It’s like bread pudding! Try making this with a mixture of fruits, such as peaches, pears, and raisins.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup vegan margarine
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 cup soymilk
- 4 medium peaches, pitted and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Melt margarine over medium heat in a 10" cast-iron skillet. In a large bowl, whisk together whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat soymilk into dry ingredients for 2 minutes. Pour batter into skillet and arrange sliced peaches on top.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 20–25 minutes, or until golden brown. Dust the top with confectioners' sugar. Slice into wedges to serve.