Fruity Slow-Cooker Flax Oatmeal
Waking up to hot oatmeal in the slow cooker is very luxurious. Drizzle this with some maple syrup and top with fresh fruit.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 9 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1¾ cups water
- ¼ cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 can (13 oz.) evaporated milk
- Place oats in a dry, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Toast oats 5–7 minutes, stirring frequently, until oats are deeper golden brown and fragrant. Cool completely.
- In 2 quart slow cooker, combine oats, ground flax seeds, water, orange juice concentrate, dried fruit, and salt; mix well. Cover and cook on low 9 hours.
- In the morning, stir in the maple syrup and evaporated milk; cook for another 30 minutes until hot. Stir well and serve immediately.