Fudge Frosted Brownies
A microwave is your assistant in the kitchen when making these brownies. Use it to melt butter and chocolate for both the brownies and the rich and creamy frosting.
Serves: 36Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 9" × 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and margarine with brown sugar and cocoa; microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from oven and stir; return and microwave on high for 1–2 minutes longer until butter is melted. Add sugar and beat well. Then add eggs and vanilla and beat until blended. Fold in flour, salt, and baking powder until mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25–35 minutes or until brownies are just set. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine condensed milk with both kinds of chocolate chips. Microwave on medium power for 2 minutes, then remove and stir. Return to microwave and cook for 30-second intervals, on high, until chips are melted. Stir until smooth, then pour over warm brownies.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.