Fudge Frosted Brownies
A microwave is your assistant in the kitchen when making these brownies. Use it to melt butter and chocolate for both the brownies and the rich and creamy frosting.
Serves: 36Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and margarine with brown sugar and cocoa; microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from oven and stir; return and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes longer until butter is melted. Add sugar and beat well. Then add eggs and vanilla and beat until blended. Fold in flour, salt, and baking powder until mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until brownies are just set. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine condensed milk with both kinds of chocolate chips. Microwave on medium power for 2 minutes, then remove and stir. Return to microwave and cook for 30-second intervals, on high, until chips are melted. Stir until smooth, then pour over warm brownies.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.