This recipe for rich, fudge-topped brownies does not require a lot of hands-on time. The brownies just need time to cool before being frosted and cut. They’ll be worth the wait!
Serves: 36Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter
- 1 square unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 can (13 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a large baking dish with nonstick baking spray with flour; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In large saucepan, combine butter and unsweetened chocolate; melt over low heat, stirring until smooth, about 2 minutes. Beat in brown sugar and granulated sugar, then add vanilla.
- Remove from heat. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. Stir in flour mixture and then the chocolate chips. Spread into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until brownies are just set. Cool completely on wire rack before frosting.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips. Microwave on 50% power for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring twice during cooking time, until mixture is smooth. Pour over brownies and smooth with a spatula. Cool completely before cutting into squares.