Fully Loaded Baked Potato Bites
These little bites are great as a cocktail appetizer or as a fun side dish. Kids love these little baby baked potatoes!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 40 minutesTotal: 2 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- 24 oz. baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl combine potatoes, oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to evenly coat. Arrange potatoes on prepared baking sheet and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a paring knife slips easily in and out of the potato. Remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Carefully slice each potato in half and scoop the flesh into a medium bowl. To the bowl add sour cream, 1 cup Cheddar cheese, bacon, butter, egg, and chives. Mix with a hand mixer until evenly combined.
- Divide the filling among potato skins. Arrange on the baking sheet and top each potato with the reserved Cheddar. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until the potatoes are hot and the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.