Fusilli & Arugula Salad
Springtime is here, and that means there are a lot of delicious and fresh veggies to go around. Try switching up your traditional green salad with pasta this season – you'll be surprised at what a little fusilli can do.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 10 ounces fusilli pasta
- 2 cups arugula
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 1⁄2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Remove from the heat, drain and place in a bowl to cool.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl: olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- When your pasta has cooled down completely, add the arugula, tomatoes, capers and basil. Keep cold until ready to serve.
- Drizzle your dressing over the pasta until it's coated.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste, if necessary.
- Sprinkle the salad with Parmesan cheese for the final touch.
- Bon appétit!