Fusilli Pasta with Peas
This dish just screams spring with its vibrant colors and fresh, light flavors.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. fusilli pasta
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. truffle oil
- 1⁄2 medium sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup grated fontina cheese
- 12 frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 4 oz. mascarpone cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1⁄2 cup pasta water. Set aside and keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive and truffle oils in a medium skillet over medium heat. Sauté chopped onion until soft, about 8 minutes. Add 3⁄4 cup peas and sauté 5 minutes until warmed through. Remove from heat and transfer to a food processor.
- Add cilantro, 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, and pepper and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Toss hot pasta with the pea mixture, butter, fontina, and remaining salt. Add in warm pasta water as needed to make into a creamy sauce.
- Stir in pearl onions and remaining peas. Top with spoonfuls of mascarpone. Serve immediately.