Fusilli with Fresh Herbs and Ricotta
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 container (15 oz.) low-fat ricotta cheese
- ⅔ cup low-fat (1%) milk
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. fusilli, cooked
- ¼ cup small basil leaves
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- In a food processor or blender, combine the ricotta, milk, and Parmesan and process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until nearly browned. Add the garlic and cook until soft. Add the ricotta mixture and fold in the basil and parsley. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and toss well so that the pasta is coated. Transfer to a warm serving bowl. Garnish with basil leaves and lemon zest.