Fusion Lo Mein
No need to get takeout when you can recreate delicious Chinese classics at home!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. thawed pineapple-orange juice concentrate
- 2 tsp. minced shallots
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. agave syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped Savoy cabbage
- ¾ cup snow peas
- 1 package (13.25 oz.) whole-grain spaghetti, cooked
- In a food processor or blender, combine vinegar, juice concentrate, shallots, lemon juice, arrowroot, Worcestershire, agave syrup, and garlic; process until smooth.
- Heat a wok or large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot; add the olive oil. Add onion and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add carrots, bell peppers, broccoli and cabbage; stir-fry another minute. Cover pan and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add vinegar mixture and snow peas. Bring mixture to a boil; cook, uncovered for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add cooked pasta and toss to mix.