Fuzzy Navel Cake
Allow two days for this cake. It’s not complicated, but some of the ingredients need to sit overnight.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 9 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (16 oz.) sliced cling peaches with liquid
- 1⁄2 cup peach schnapps
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.9 oz.) instant vanilla pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Drain peaches and reserve liquid. Chop peaches. Combine peaches, schnapps, and granulated sugar. Let sit overnight, stirring occasionally.
- The next day, preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine peach mixture, cake mix, pudding, eggs, and oil. Beat for 3 minutes using an electric mixer set to high speed. Gently stir in pecans by hand.
- Pour batter into the Bundt pan and bake for 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Combine 1⁄4 cup reserved peach liquid with 1 1⁄3 cups confectioners’ sugar to make a glaze. Drizzle glaze over cake.