G&T Gelatin Shooters
These sophisticated shots will be much appreciated by the gin lovers in your crowd! Making the lime cups takes only a bit of time and the gelatin mixture whips up in a flash.
Serves: 16Prep: 20 minutesCook: 2 hoursTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 8 limes, cut in half
- 8 ounces gin, divided
- 2 envelope (¼ oz. each) Kroger® Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 cup tonic water
- Squeeze lime halves, collecting juice in a measuring glass. Set aside for use in step 4.
- Gently turn lime halves inside-out, taking care not to puncture peel. Gently rip lime segments away from peel, leaving an empty lime half. Turn inside-out again to form lime “bowl.” Place each in a muffin cup to stabilize.
- Pour 4 ounces gin into a large shallow bowl; sprinkle gelatin over. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring remaining 4 ounces gin to a boil. Pour into gelatin mixture, stirring constantly to dissolve gelatin. Stir in tonic water and 1½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice. Save remaining lime juice for later use.
- Gently pour 2 tablespoons gelatin mixture into each lime half. Refrigerate lime halves in muffin pan 2 hours until gelatin is set. Cut each lime half in half to make wedges.