Game Day Meatballs & Slam Dunk Sauces
Juicy and flavorful meatballs with three different sauces to dip in during the party: An easy, sweet and savory Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce, a Honey Mustard Sauce and a yummy Sweet and Sour Sauce.
Serves: 30Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup or sleeve of cracker crumbs (butter or round crackers are best)
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger® Raspberry Preserves
- 1⁄4 cup Kroger® Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger® Honey
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger® Mustard
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Brown Sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger® Worcestershire Sauce
- First, use a rolling pin and a sandwich zipper bag to crush the crackers. Mix ground beef, eggs, crushed cracker crumbs, salt, pepper and onion. Thoroughly mix everything together and shape into 1½” balls. Place the raw meatballs onto a foil-lined cookie sheet. Lining it with foil makes it easy to clean.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add the meatballs. Brown in batches, and make sure they have room to fry to avoid steaming. Allow them to brown on all sides for 4 minutes, and then place back onto the foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and place meatballs into a slow cooker or warmer, and set aside.
- For the Sweet and Sour Sauce, mix raspberry preserves with apple cider vinegar, adding salt and black pepper to taste. Serve in a small dipping bowl.
- For the Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce, mix the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and brown sugar, adding salt and pepper to taste. Serve in small dipping bowl.
- For the Honey Mustard Sauce, mix honey and mustard, adding salt and pepper to taste. Serve in a small dipping bowl.
- Serve the three dipping sauces next to the slow cooker of meatballs with fun toothpicks. Enjoy!