Game Day Popcorn Mix
This fun, sweet and salty popcorn mix is perfect for your crowd of excited football fans! Easily customize it to your team's colors with different types of chocolate candy and you'll be ready to go for game day.
- 3⁄4 cup popcorn kernels (or 5 bags of microwave popcorn)
- 1 package (1 lb. 8 oz.) white chocolate bark/coating, broken into individual squares
- 1 cup chocolate candies in your team's colors
- 1⁄4 cup canola, vegetable or coconut oil (omit oil if using microwave popcorn)
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 3 cups pretzels and/or bugle chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup salted cashews
- To pop popcorn on the stove: Pour oil into a large pot and heat on medium-high for 2 minutes. Add in popcorn kernels and cover, gently shaking the pot occasionally. Once popcorn begins to pop, decrease heat slightly and shake the pot more consistently. Remove pot from heat once you can count to 3 between pops. Remove unpopped kernels and pour popcorn into a very large bowl. Salt popcorn lightly if desired.
- Microwave chocolate bark on high for 1 minute. Add in butterscotch chips and microwave an additional 1 minute. Let sit for 1 minute, then stir gently. Microwave in additional 15 second increments, letting mixture sit for 1 minute and stirring gently before adding additional time.
- Pour chocolate over popcorn and stir thoroughly to coat, then spread it out on wax paper. Sprinkle on marshmallows and cashews immediately so that they stick to the popcorn before it cools.
- Break large pieces up gently and transfer back to a large bowl. Add in pretzels and chocolate candies with the popcorn. Toss and serve.
- Store in an airtight container on the countertop for up to a week.