Garbanzo Bean Brownies
This recipe makes fudgy brownies. But if you prefer cake-like brownies, divide the mixture into 2 skillets and bake for 45 minutes.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) chickpeas, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup chickpea flour
- 3⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- Place a cast-iron skillet in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350°F. Place eggs in a food processor with chickpeas. Purée until very smooth. It should have air bubbles, but stop before it starts to look like a meringue.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double-boiler or microwave. Add a few tablespoons of chocolate to the processor and pulse. Then slowly pour in the rest of the chocolate. Scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Once the mixture is a uniform color, add sugar and vanilla. Purée 1 minute. Add flour and baking powder. Purée until incorporated. Pour mixture into the preheated skillet and bake for 1 hour. Cool 5 minutes before turning out and cutting.