Garden Patch Cupcakes
Kids will enjoy decorating these fun cupcakes with chocolate crumb "dirt" and with that naughty bunny Peter Rabbit.
Serves: 24Prep: 45 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) lemon cake mix
- 6 chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, crumbled
- 1 can (16 oz.) vanilla frosting
- Green, yellow and red food coloring
- 24 PEEPS® Original Marshmallow Bunnies
- 24 round wooden toothpicks
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 24 regular muffin cups with paper liners. Mix and bake cake mix as directed for cupcakes, using water, oil and egg; cool completely, as directed.
- Meanwhile, place cookies in food processor. Cover and process 30 seconds or until fine crumbs form.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the frosting in a small bowl; tint it orange with a drop or 2 of red and yellow food coloring. Tint the remaining frosting green with green food coloring. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the green frosting in a small resealable plastic bag; cut a tiny snip from the tip. Spoon the orange frosting into another bag and cut 1/8" from tip.
- Frost cupcakes with remaining green frosting. Insert toothpicks in back of each marshmallow bunny about 1" from bottom, angling toward the front. Place one near the edge of each cupcake.
- Sprinkle a few cookie crumbs over the green frosting, patting down lightly. Pipe a tiny carrot or 2 on each cupcake, using the frosting in the bags.