Quesadillas are simply made from two tortillas with a filling, toasted on a griddle until crisp.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- In medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add bell pepper and corn; cook and stir for 2 to 4 minutes longer until tender. Drain and combine in a medium bowl with scallions and salsa.
- Arrange tortillas on work surface. Divide the salsa mixture among the tortillas. Top with cheese, then fold tortillas in half and press down gently.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat. Brush with remaining olive oil, then grill quesadillas, turning once and pressing down occasionally with spatula, until cheese melts and tortillas are toasted. Cut into quarters and serve immediately.