Garden Tomato Soup
Ripe tomatoes, sweet bell pepper, and onion partner perfectly in this fresh vegetable soup. Serve with grilled Swiss cheese sandwiches for a sensational low-sodium meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups chopped, peeled, and seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. no-salt-added tomato paste
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- ½ tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Heat the oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add the tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes.
- Add broth, tomato paste, and black pepper and stir to combine. Raise heat to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and purée using a blender or food processor. Serve immediately, garnished with herbs.