Garlic Beef & Asparagus Stir Fry
Fire up the wok! This combination of flank steak and asparagus, cooked in hoisin garlic sauce and topped with roasted cashews, is sure to make any New Year's party delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into diagonal 1-inch lengths
- 1 pound flank steak, sliced thin and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin garlic sauce
- 1 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a wok or large nonstick pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the flank steak, and cook for about 3-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the beef, until browned on all sides. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the meat with a slotted spoon, set aside, and pour off the fat from the pan. Add the asparagus to the pan, and cook for 2-3 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Return the meat to the pan, add the sauce and toss to coat. Stir in the nuts, and cook for 1 minute more. Season again if needed. Serve hot over rice or noodles.