Garlic-Brined Chicken Thighs
Extremely juicy and flavorful, this chicken is a smash hit.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 quart water
- ½ cup salt
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin on (6 oz. each)
- Boil the water with the salt and the garlic for 5 minutes. Cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- After the brine has cooled, soak the chicken in the brine for 4 hours. Drain, and pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat the chicken with the maple syrup.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the center reaches 165°F. Serve hot.