Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 9 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, quartered
- 5 black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- In a stockpot, bring the water to a boil. Add the remaining ingredients. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Pour the resulting stock through a strainer, pressing as much liquid as possible from the cooked vegetables.
- Cool the stock and refrigerate until needed, up to 3 days. Alternatively, freeze the broth in 1 cup portions so it’s easily available to add to recipes.