Garlic Butter Pierogies
This simple recipe is easy and classic. Serve it with a green salad mixed with fresh fruit.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen pierogies
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add minced and sliced garlic; simmer over very low heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook pierogies according to package directions. Drain well and add to garlic mixture. Cook and stir until pierogies are glazed, about 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley and serve.