Garlic Cheese Bread
Prepare the butter mixture in advance to allow flavors to blend. Cover well and refrigerate; soften before using.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium cloves garlic
- ½ cup butter
- 1 loaf French bread, unsliced
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Peel the garlic cloves and slice in half. Soften the butter.
- With a bread knife, make diagonal cuts 1" apart in the bread, but do not cut completely through the bottom of the loaf. Rub each slice and the top of the loaf with the cut garlic. After rubbing, mince the garlic and combine with the softened butter, parsley, and cheese. Spread between each slice, reserving a little to spread on top of the loaf.
- Wrap foil around the bread, but leave the top open. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.