Garlic Flank Steak
Flank steak is most flavorful when cooked to medium, a little pink in the middle.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1½ lbs. flank steak
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup garlic-flavored olive oil
- 6 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of steak.
- Place garlic powder, oil, vinegar, and soy sauce in a plastic bag, seal, and shake well. Add the flank steak to the plastic bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Preheat grill.
- Remove steak from the marinade and dry. Place the steak over the hottest part of the grill and cook for 6 minutes on each side. Transfer steak to cutting board and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Slice diagonally across the grain, making very thin slices, about ⅛" thick.