Garlic and Herb Bread
This recipe will have your guests asking for more, so make a lot!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 baguette (20")
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, garlic, chives, parsley, oregano, salt, and crushed red pepper until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Slice baguette lengthwise, but leave the back seam intact. Spread garlic mixture evenly inside both the top and bottom of the baguette. Fold bread closed.
- Wrap bread in aluminum foil and bake 15–20 minutes. Remove from foil, open baguette, and place bread directly on oven rack. Bake 5 minute more, until golden brown.
- Serve warm.