Garlic Herb Waffles
Save to My Recipes
If you’re craving a savory waffle treat, try this delectable recipe, and top with a dollop of crème fraiche.
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1 tsp. chopped thyme
- 1 tsp. chopped chervil
- 1½ cups cake flour
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and scallions, and cook until tender and slightly golden, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, add thyme and chervil, and set aside to cool.
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions. Triple-sift flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the egg yolks, garlic mixture, and buttermilk. Whisk together thoroughly.
- In another bowl, whip the egg whites until they are stiff.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture into the flour and stir together briefly. Lumps are okay. Add the stiffened egg whites to this mixture and fold together gently until they are just combined. Cook batter in a waffle iron, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Serve immediately.