Garlic Mashed Potatoes
What’s better than homemade mashed potatoes? Homemade mashed potatoes with garlic!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium Idaho or Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¼–⅓ cup whole milk
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Peel the potatoes and slice ½" thick. Place in a large pot and cover with cold water. Add salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, for 15–20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- While the potatoes cook, heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic for 4–5 minutes or until just softened. Set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and place in a bowl. Mash the potatoes with butter, milk, pepper, and nutmeg. When the potatoes are smooth, stir in the garlic/oil combination. Serve hot.