Garlic Noodles with Bacon
Here is a quick and easy way to jazz up leftover pasta. You can use other types of long pasta in the recipe, such as linguine or angel hair pasta.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 oz. cooked spaghetti
- Place bacon on a plate lined with a paper towel. Lay two more paper towels over the bacon. Microwave on high heat for 2 minutes, and then for 1 minutes at a time until the bacon is cooked. Remove and chop.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Whisk in the cream cheese. Stir in the garlic. Turn the heat up and add the half-and-half. Add the Parmesan cheese and continue stirring with a whisk until the mixture has thickened. Stir in the oregano, basil, and pepper.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl. Toss with the sauce.