Garlic and Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
These mashed potatoes are so flavorful you don’t need any gravy. This dish goes wonderfully with fish, steak, meat loaf, chicken, or turkey. The possibilities are endless.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- 2½ lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- ½ tsp. sage
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- Place 2 cloves of garlic and the potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to low and simmer 20–25 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes thoroughly and place back into saucepan.
- In a small bowl, add butter, 2 remaining cloves minced garlic, buttermilk, sour cream, sage, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add cheese and stir well. Place garlic sauce over potatoes and mix well. Mash with potato masher or hand mixer on medium-high speed until desired consistency. Top with chopped green onions. Serve immediately.