Garlic Roasted Potatoes
This lovely recipe is a great accompaniment to grilled chicken or a steak.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 whole bulb garlic
- 5 lbs. russet potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. minced rosemary
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice the top off the garlic, leaving the root intact. Combine with potatoes and onions in large roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and rosemary and toss to coat.
- Roast potatoes for 75 minutes, turning twice with a spatula during roasting time, until the potatoes are tender with crisp, brown skins. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Squeeze the garlic out and stir it with potatoes before serving.