Garlic-Rubbed Prime Rib
This exquisite dish is perfect for a holiday or special occasion. Prime rib is usually served rare or medium rare.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 prime rib roast (10 lbs.)
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, oil, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, thyme, and rosemary.
- Place the roast in a roasting pan with the fatty side up. Cut slits in the fatty layers. Rub the garlic mixture throughout the fatty side and all over the entire roast. Insert meat thermometer in the thickest part of the roast. Cover roast with aluminum foil and let sit out at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Once preheated, place the roast in the oven and bake the roast for 12 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 400°F and cook for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, lower the temperature to 325°F, and cook for 90 minutes, or until the desired internal temperature is reached.
- Remove from oven, cover with aluminum foil and let roast sit out for 20 minutes. The roast will continue to cook even when it’s removed from the oven.