Garlic Shrimp with Rice
A large helping of garlic can be good when preparing a shrimp dish like this. Use as much or as little garlic as you desire.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 6 cups water
- 2 lbs. unpeeled large fresh shrimp
- ¼ cup green onions
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill weed
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 small lime, cut into wedges
- In a large stockpot, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add shrimp and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Drain shrimp well and rinse with cold water. Peel and de-vein shrimp.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add green onions and garlic to skillet. Sauté until green onions are tender.
- Add shrimp, white wine, water, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until shrimp turns light pink, stirring occasionally. Note: Be careful not to overcook shrimp, as it will be rubbery. Stir in dill weed. Serve over rice with lime wedges.