Garlic Slow-Roasted Artichokes
Artichokes aren’t just for cheesy and creamy dips. The best thing about these slightly spicy artichokes is they are slow roasted, so you just pop them in the slow cooker and let it do the cooking.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hours 15 minutes
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. sriracha sauce
- 1 large artichoke
- 1½ cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and sriracha. Cover and refrigerate while you cook the artichoke.
- Chop the stems off the artichoke. Then slice the tips off the leaves and discard. Push garlic into the center and between leaves of the artichoke.
- Pour the water into a 4–6-quart slow cooker. Place the artichoke in the center. Sprinkle lemon juice, salt, and pepper over artichoke.
- Cook on high for about 3 hours, or until fork-tender.
- Serve artichoke with mayonnaise sauce.