This is the easiest and best-loved way to jazz up an ordinary loaf of bread.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large loaf French or Italian bread
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F and coat a baking sheet with pan spray. Slice bread into 1" slices.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Add garlic, parsley, and oregano; simmer 2–3 minutes to blend flavors. Brush the flavored oil onto both sides of sliced bread, place on baking sheet, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 5–10 minutes until well toasted, and serve hot.