Garlic Tomato Bisque
A little heavy cream is the secret to the silky texture of this easy soup.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cans (10.75 oz.) condensed tomato soup
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- In large pot, combine olive oil and butter over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add soups, sauce, and water. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Return to pot. Add cream and milk and stir well. Heat soup through but do not boil.