Garlic White Bean and Kale Soup
This recipes calls for two bunches of kale, but feel free to add even more. Fill the pot with as much kale as possible, cover, and allow to cook down. You can repeat this step as many times as you like for an extra antioxidant boost (vitamins A and C).
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 1½ tsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15 oz.) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- In a large stockpot, sauté onion in olive oil over medium heat until translucent, about 5–7 minutes. Add garlic and sauté another 1–2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add broth and beans; bring to a boil.
- Fill pot with kale, cover, and remove from heat. Allow kale to cook down for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice.