Garlic Zucchini Burgers
Mild tasting zucchini is a great way to get extra veggies into a meal, and it helps to keep the burgers juicy too!
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons roasted garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons coarse salt, divided
- 1 pound Kroger® Ground Beef 80% Lean
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded and squeezed dry in a clean kitchen towel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon roasted garlic, lemon juice and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Refrigerate until serving.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, shredded zucchini, pepper and remaining roasted garlic and salt. Form into 4 burger patties.
- Oil grill grates; place burger patties on the grill. Cook 8-10 minutes, flipping once, or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns, with a slice of tomato and roasted garlic spread.
- Refrigerate leftovers.