One of the mothers of all sauces, aioli was devised by the Egyptians, then spread to Europe by conquering Romans. It is marvelous on fish, shellfish, and chicken.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- Place the garlic in the bowl of a blender.
- Very slowly drizzle in the oil while blending.
- When thickened, add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper.