Garlicky Asian Turkey Skewers
This tasty turkey skewer recipe boasts bold spicy flavor and a tangy dipping sauce!
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 3 hours 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil plus 1 tsp., divided
- 2 tablespoons Pure Peanut Oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, grated & peeled
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds plus 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound turkey breast cutlets, sliced into thin strips
- 8 green onions, sliced into 2” lengths
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese 5-spice powder
- In a large resealable plastic food-storage bag, combine 2 tablespoons sesame oil, peanut oils, sugar, gingerroot, sesame seeds and garlic. Add turkey; seal bag. Turn bag to coat. Refrigerate 3 hours to marinate.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce, in a bowl whisk together hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, water, rice vinegar, toasted sesame seeds, chili-garlic sauce and Chinese 5-spice powder.
- Coat grill grate with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove turkey from marinade; discard marinade. Alternately thread turkey strips and green onion lengths onto 8 12” skewers. Place on grill and cover. Grill, turning once, 6-8 minutes until turkey is cooked through. Serve with dipping sauce alongside cooked soba or ramen noodles.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.