Garlicky Basil and Pine Nut Pesto
Enjoy this sauce simply tossed in spaghetti or paired with a simply cooked chicken breast or fish fillet.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 cups basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Pulse pine nuts and garlic in a food processor until nuts are finely chopped and garlic is minced. Add basil and pulse until mixture becomes a paste.
- With processor running, slowly add oil until mixture is smooth. Empty sauce into a bowl and add cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.