Garlicky Microwave Shrimp
Enjoy these succulent shrimp with French bread for soaking up the buttery sauce!
Serves: 1Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ lb. large shrimp (about 8 shrimp), shells removed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Rinse the shrimp by letting them stand in warm, running water for 5 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the garlic, butter, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high heat for 30 seconds. Stir, and microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir again, and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp to the garlic-butter mixture and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high heat for 3 minutes. Stir, and microwave in 30-second intervals for another 2 minutes, until the shrimp turns pink.