Garlicky Tomato Soup
Garlic makes everything better, including this rich tomato soup.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 8 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 medium heads garlic, (each clove peeled)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and diced
- ¼ tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. basil
- Place all ingredients except oil and basil into a 4 quart slow cooker. Stir. Cover and cook on low for 8.
- Add olive oil. Use an immersion blender or blend soup in batches in a standard blender until almost smooth but still a little chunky.
- Garnish with basil and serve.